State Bank of India (SBI) preliminary exam is quite detailed, elaborate and descriptive. It is divided into three sections:
English Language Preparation for SBI Prelim Exam
English Exam is comparatively tougher than other competitive exams. Unlike other exams, this test is principally to identify aspirant’s ability to remember main ideas and significant details.
The most important topics from this section are:
- Error Correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Para jumbles
- Synonyms- Antonyms
Besides study material:
- Start reading newspapers with English articles.
- Learn at least 10 words plus their antonyms and synonyms.
- Reading books help to form consistency.
- News channels such as BBC are beneficial as well.
- Joining coaching institutes can be really beneficial.
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation for SBI Prelim Exam
This section of exam contains all the basic mathematical questions. Beginning from reading basic formulas and to learn some shortcuts can speed up solving problems.This section is extremely scoring and the right understanding of the problem can help the aspirants to sail through this section. Topics covered under this section are:
- Number Systems
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time & Distance
- Bar graph, Pie-chart and Probability
Tips to prepare:
- Data Analysis is time consuming concept which requires daily practice of at least 5 questions.
- Instead of guessing, marking strong and weak sections helps.
- Concentrate on fundamentals
- Take a systematic approach
Reasoning Ability for Exam Preparation
Reasoning ability is problem solving skill that relies on understanding of question.Practice similar questions from previous model papers or previous year’s exam papers are the key to do well in this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
- Series problems
- Data sufficiency
Keep in mind:
- Attempting questions that you are much confident about saves time.
- Seating arrangements and puzzles should be attempted at the end as they consume a lot of time.