TOEFL stands for the Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is required by universities of the United States of America, Europe and Canada for admission in various master degree programs. The test is also a requirement of agencies around the world for hiring non native English immigrants. The TOEFL test is taken to determine the skills of a candidate in terms of reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking skills. These skills are tested through the different sections of the test which are measured on a scale of 0 to 120 points.
TOEFL exam syllabus
The TOEFL exam is about two types of tests. One of the tests is internet based and the other is a paper based test. TOEFL exam syllabus for the internet based test consists of reading, writing, listening and speaking questions. The candidates are asked questions from the same categories in the paper based test as well, however the number of tasks assigned are different. Score for each section of these tests is marked on a scale of 0-30.
How to clear TOEFL?
Clearing the TOEFL test is important for every candidate who wants to get admission in an international university abroad or to work in an overseas organization. The TOEFL exam preparation tips devised by our expert team will help the candidates not only to figure out how to clear the test but also to learn the most for future implementation of their knowledge and skills.
- Firstly, candidates should decide which type of test they are going to take. If they choose the internet based test, then candidates need to start practicing on their computers right away. However, if candidates want to take the paper based test, they should buy preparation material or books published by reliable and known publishers.
- The second step that candidates need to take is to learn about the TOEFL exam structure through and through. They need to know which sections have the most questions and how the sub-section for each has been programmed.
- The time allotted for the internet based test is from 3 hours 10 minutes to 4 hours 20 minutes.
- The time allowed for the paper based test is from 2 hours 20 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Thus, the candidates taking the paper based test need to manage their time in a way that no question is left unattended.
For the entire preparation of this test thoroughly, join the best TOEFL coaching institute in Chandigarh. Get help from the Top 5 coaching institute for TOEFL in Chandigarh. Coaching institute will let to know the exam pattern, the techniques and tips to crack the test, gives you the feeling of exam environment and much more. So join the best coaching center and go abroad.
We hope that candidates will take help from these tips to score the best in the TOEFL exam.