- GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
- GATE is an entrance exam for postgraduate admissions in the streams of Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology and science.
- GATE score is accepted in NITs. IITs, CFITs, and other elite institutions in India.
- GATE exam is conducted jointly by seven IITs and the Indian Institute of Science, every year in the month of January/ February.
- GATE score is valid for three years.
Clearing the GATE exam with a good score open doors to pursue post graduation in an eminent university in world’s biggest democracy, India. Also, present an ocean of employment possibilities in government and semi-government organisations. Furthermore, GATE score is recognized in some college of Germany and Singapore for Masters.
GATE Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should have done (or in the final year) BE/ BTech or its equivalent; MCA/ MSc/MA can also take this competitive exam. And, there is no upper age Limit.
- Male Candidates (General/OBC) : 1500/-
- Women Candidates of any category: 750/-
- Other Candidates (General/OBC): 1500/-
- SC / ST / PwD* Category Candidates: 750/-
The syllabi for GATE exam in the Engineering subjects comprises of 15 marks General Aptitude, 10 to 15 marks for Engineering Mathematics, and rest 75 marks to check a candidate’s technical knowledge for various subjects studied in B.Tech.
Pattern of Examination
All the GATE exams are conducted online CBT (computer based test); it consists of both numerical and multiple choice type of questions. For the former one, the candidate has to enter the numeric answer using a virtual keyboard. This is a 3-hours exam, consisting of 65 questions, weighing 100 marks.
Joining an IELTS coaching centre is no brainer. Usually, just about every reputed GATE institute has a panel of professors, having years of experience and proficient knowledge in this vertical. In addition, study material, and regular mock tests provided by them can take your preparation for GATE to another level of surety of success.