- The SSC or Staff Selection Commission is a part of the Government of India headquartered in New Delhi
- The commission takes test from the citizens of India to offer posts in Ministries and Depart
ments and in Subordinate Offices
- The exam taken by the commission is of 5 types: SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL), SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL), SSC Stenographer Grade C&D Recruitment, SSC Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract) Recruitment
- The SSC exam consists of 2 tiers: Tier-I and Tier-II (Sometimes Tier III)
- Candidates have to pass both tiers of the exam to qualify for the selected post
SSC enables the candidates to become a part of the ministries and other departments of the Government of India and work at jobs of a respected scale. The exam can also be taken by officers already posted at the ministries and other departments of the Government of India for promotion.
There are different requirements for eligibility for the different levels of exams taken by SSC.
|Type of SSC exam||Eligibility Criteria|
|SSC CGL||Bachelor’s degree with Statistics, Economics, Mathematics|
|SSC CHSL and SSC Stenographer Grade C&D Recruitment||12th standard or equivalent examination|
|SSC Junior Engineer||Degree or three year diploma in relevant subject from a recognized university/college/other institute. Work experience in relevant field will be plus point.|
|SSC Multitasking (Non-Technical) Staff Recruitment||Having passed the intermediate exam of matriculation or equivalent from recognized Board|
Structure of Test
|Sections||No.of Questions||Type of Questions||Time|
|Tier-I||4||General intelligence reasoning, general awareness, quantitative aptitude, English comprehension. All sections are of 50 marks||2 hours|
|Tier-II||4 sections||General Studies (Finance and Economics), Statistics (100 questions), Quantitative analysis (100 questions), English language & comprehension (200 questions). All parts are 200 marks each.||2 hours|
Note: Tier-III is a Computer Proficiency Test / Skill Test and interview which is taken if it applicable to the post applied for.
The fee for applying for the various SSC exams is Rs 100. However, the women, physically handicapped and ex-servicemen candidates or candidates of scheduled caste, scheduled tribe will not be charged.
SSC preparation should be done from a recognized institute as this will enable the candidates to learn all the important strategies they need to pass the test and secure a job for themselves in the departments of Government of India.